How does Acupuncture work?
In the past many people said Acupuncture was like Magic, that was not a science. Today many medical researches has proven the science of acupuncture.
Acupuncture for Infertility
Acupuncture treats Infertility by improving blood flow to the ovaries and uterus. Once that happens it can help thicken the lining of the uterus, increasing the chances of conception.
Depression – Anxiety
According to the Mood Disorders Association over 300,000 Manitobans suffer from some form of mental illness.
The greatest advantage of acupuncture over western medicine is that it does not carry the drugs side effects. Patients report huge benefits from the treatments and they can have a normal life again.
Article by our Collaborator writer : Marianne Pierce Everyone experiences a headache at one point...January 20, 2020
Article by our collaborator and writer : Marianne Pierce Insomnia has become incredibly prevalent...December 31, 2019
One of the most revolutionary notions that’s entered into public consciousness in recent years is...November 27, 2019
Patients and Colleagues asked me to share my latest successful rates dealing with Infertility. As...November 10, 2019
Winnipeg Acupuncture Clinic
Dr. Priscilla Kerr was trained as a physician in her native Brazil with 5 years postgraduate specialization and over 5140 hours of training in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. She has 11 years of medical training altogether. Dr. Kerr is also a recognized specialist in Acupuncture and TCM by The Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Association of Canada (CMAAC), she is also a collaborator as Boards of Directors of the Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Association of Manitoba. This Association is being supported by CMAAC which is the only international acupuncture organization recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Dr Kerr was invited in 2007 to be part of Manitoba Clinic. http://www.manitobaclinic.com/physician-directory/ She is a Fertility and Pain Specialist doctor. Dr. Kerr is not a licensed physician in Canada yet.
Dr. Kerr’s CMAAC’s certificate number is under her last name: Dr. Hatae, Priscilla:http://www.cmaac.ca/members/view/?province=Manitoba
- Family Physician Program -(February 2001-February 2002). Sao Paulo- SP-Brazil
- Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine Training at “Complexo Hospitalar Heliópolis”. (February 2001- December 2001 )- Sao Paulo- SP-Brazil
- Dermatology – training at “Complexo Hospitalar Padre Bento de Guaruhos” (06/june – 05/december/2001)- Guarulhos- SP-Brazil
- Specialization Course of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture for doctors at Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Department of Orthopedic and Traumatology. (February /2002 –December 2006 – ) Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil. Total: 5140 hours
- Specialization Course of Chinese Medicine- Acupuncture Specialty for doctors at Taipei Hospital and International Medical Training Center, Department of Health. (03 June /2005 – 23 June/ 2005) Taipei, Taiwan – Total: 150 hours
- (April 2007- now) -Prairie Medical Acupuncture Clinic – located within Manitoba Clinic at 790 Sherbrook st, Winnipeg, MB, Canada. – Function: Acupuncturist, Pain and Fertility Specialist
- (December 2004- January 2006) – Integrare Health Centre- located in Rua Cubatao , 929, 6.o floor, cj 65, Vila Mariana- Sao Paulo – SP- BRAZIL – Function: Medical Acupuncturist specialized in Pain and infertility / Family Physician.
- (February 2004- December 2006) – Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Sao Paulo, School of Medicine- located in Rua Diderot, 43 -Vila Mariana, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil.
Function: Supervisor teacher at Specialization Course of Acupuncture for Doctors. Also as Medical Assistant of Prof.Dr. Satiko Imamura,PhD executing Dr. Andrew A. Fisher’s new injections techniques for Musculoskeletal Pain, Myofascial pain and Fibromyalgia.- http://www.hcnet.usp.br/haux/dmr/
- (January 2003 – October 2004) – Jacques Janine-Nacional Cabelo Estética Comercio ltda, located at Alameda Araguaia, 901- Alphaville – Barueri- SP-Brazil. Function: Main Responsible Family Physician , Medical Acupuncturist and Coordinator of Aesthetic Medicine Service- http://www.jacquesjanine.com.br
Prairie Medical Acupuncture Clinic is authorized by many insurance companies to cover her services including Great West Life and Blue Cross. But you must keep your receipts to send them for reimburse.
MPI and WCB authorized Dr. Kerr’s Treatments but the application must be referred by your Physician to them first to get the final approval.
The Prairie Medical Acupuncture Clinic is located within the Manitoba Clinic and employs the latest techniques and treatments in Chinese Medicine for treating pain, infertility , chronic diseases, weight control, depression and many other diagnoses.
The Manitoba Clinic is a private, multi-specialty medical clinic, founded in 1946. The Clinic is located adjacent to the Health Sciences Center in the west end of Winnipeg, at the southwest corner of Sherbrook Street and McDermot Avenue.
The Clinic currently occupies 70,000 square feet, with capacity to add an additional 60,000 square feet which is now being planned. As one of Canada’s largest medical clinics, the facility comprises more than 75 physicians, mainly specialists. Manitoba Clinic offers a diverse range of professional medical programs and health care services. Dr Priscilla Kerr is proud to be part of this outstanding group of professionals that most of Manitoba’s patients can benefit from. Due to long waiting lists Dr Kerr took the chance to expand her business since the new building could offer more space.She is seeing patients at the 7.o floor with new equipment in a calming and relaxing environment for her patients. Come and check our new office!