Prairie Acupuncture Clinic
Western and Eastern Medicine
In a perfect match.
1 in 6 Canadian couples
Acupuncture/TCM can help
Scientific evidence showed
that Acupuncture releases
opioids that work to reduce
pain in your body
How does Acupuncture work?
In the past many people said Acupuncture was like Magic, that was not a science. Today many medical researches has proven the science of acupuncture.
Acupuncture for Infertility
Acupuncture treats Infertility by improving blood flow to the ovaries and uterus. Once that happens it can help thicken the lining of the uterus, increasing the chances of conception.
Depression – Anxiety
According to the Mood Disorders Association over 300,000 Manitobans suffer from some form of mental illness
The greatest advantage of acupuncture over western medicine is that it does not carry the drugs side effects. Patients report huge benefits from the treatments and they can have a normal life again.
Acupuncture and Gastrointestinal Problems
One of the most revolutionary notions that’s entered into public consciousness in recent years is the idea that the gut and the brain are intimately connected. We’ve begun to understand, as a society, the importance of what we eat, how our gut feels, and how it...
Priscilla Kerr ‘s Efficacy numbers of treating Infertility with acupuncture
Patients and Colleagues asked me to share my latest successful rates dealing with Infertility. As an accredited TCM Fertility Specialist I have been working hard to gather data and information to give a better idea to all my readers. It s not very simple to find time...
Acupuncture And Pain Management
by my collabator writer : Marianne Pierce Let’s consider, for a moment, hangnails. They’re about the least medically threatening thing on the planet, but when you get a bad one, it can be hard to think of anything else. You might be at work, or studying for a test, or...
Winnipeg Acupuncture Clinic
About Priscilla Kerr
Priscilla Kerr was trained as a Family Doctor, MD in her native Brazil with 5 years postgraduate specialization and over 5140 hours of training in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. She has 11 years of medical training altogether. Priscilla Kerr is also a recognized specialist in Acupuncture and TCM by The Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Association of Canada (CMAAC). Priscilla Kerr is a leader and very active Board Member Director making sure that all licensed Acupuncturists in Manitoba get recognition and respect. She is Board Director in External Relations of the Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Association of Manitoba (TCMAAM) and this Association is the only recognized Provincial Chapter of the CMAAC. In 2022 was introduced that every licensed Acupuncturist must hold their National and Provincial Licenses to practice in Manitoba. CMAAC is the only International Acupuncture Organization recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Priscilla Kerr has a position as their Board Director representing Manitoba and all Canadian Provinces : https://cmaac.ca/board-of-directors
Priscilla Kerr was invited in 2007 to be part of the Manitoba Clinic group of Doctors and Professionals. http://www.manitobaclinic.com/physician-directory/ She is a TCM Fertility and TCM Pain Specialist doctor. Priscilla Kerr is not a licensed physician in Canada and does not practice Western Medicine whatsoever in Manitoba.
Priscilla Kerr’s CMAAC’s certificate number is 1567 at : https://cmaac.ca/membership/member-index/manitoba
- Family Physician Program -(February 2001-February 2002). Sao Paulo- SP-Brazil
- Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine Training at “Complexo Hospitalar Heliópolis”. (February 2001- December 2001 )- Sao Paulo- SP-Brazil
- Dermatology – training at “Complexo Hospitalar Padre Bento de Guaruhos” (06/june – 05/december/2001)- Guarulhos- SP-Brazil
- Specialization Course of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture for doctors at Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Department of Orthopedic and Traumatology. (February /2002 –December 2006 – ) Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil. Total: 5140 hours
- Specialization Course of Chinese Medicine- Acupuncture Specialty for doctors at Taipei Hospital and International Medical Training Center, Department of Health. (03 June /2005 – 23 June/ 2005) Taipei, Taiwan – Total: 150 hours
- (April 2007- now) -Prairie Acupuncture Clinic – located within Manitoba Clinic at 790 Sherbrook st, 7 floor , Winnipeg, MB, Canada. – Function: Acupuncturist, TCM Pain Specialist and TCM Fertility Specialist
- (December 2004- January 2006) – Integrare Health Centre- located in Rua Cubatao , 929, 6.o floor, cj 65, Vila Mariana- Sao Paulo – SP- BRAZIL – Function: Medical Acupuncturist specialized in Pain and infertility in Western and Eastern Medicine / Family Physician.
- (February 2004- December 2006) – Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Sao Paulo, School of Medicine- located in Rua Diderot, 43 -Vila Mariana, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil. ( Instituto de Medicina Física e Reabilitação do Hospital das Clínicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo) also called : IMREA HCFMUSP.
- In 2014 IMREA HCFMUSP received accreditation by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) It was the very first time a Brazilian Institution received this accreditation.
Function: Supervisor teacher at Specialization Course of Acupuncture for Doctors. Also as Medical Assistant of Prof.Dr. Satiko Imamura,PhD executing Dr. Andrew A. Fisher’s new injections techniques for Musculoskeletal Pain, Myofascial pain and Fibromyalgia.- https://www.redelucymontoro.org.br/site/referencia-internacional/acreditacao.html
- (January 2003 – October 2004) – Jacques Janine-Nacional Cabelo Estética Comercio ltda, located at Alameda Araguaia, 901- Alphaville – Barueri- SP-Brazil. Function: Main Responsible Family Physician , Medical Acupuncturist and Coordinator of Aesthetic Medicine Service- http://www.jacquesjanine.com.br
Prairie Acupuncture Clinic is authorized by many insurance companies to cover her services including Great West Life and Blue Cross. But you must keep your receipts to send them for reimburse.
The Prairie Acupuncture Clinic is located within the Manitoba Clinic and employs the latest techniques and treatments in Chinese Medicine for treating pain, infertility , chronic diseases, weight control, depression and many other diagnoses.
The Manitoba Clinic is a private, multi-specialty medical clinic, founded in 1946. The Clinic is located adjacent to the Health Sciences Center in the west end of Winnipeg, at the southwest corner of Sherbrook Street and McDermot Avenue.
The Clinic is one of Canada’s largest medical clinics, the facility comprises more than 75 physicians, mainly specialists. Manitoba Clinic offers a diverse range of professional medical programs and health care services. A number of commercial tenants such as a pharmacy, optician, delicatessen, and a hearing aid center occupy the main floor of the Clinic complex. Priscilla Kerr is proud to be part of this outstanding group of professionals with the same goal to improve people’s health and their quality of life. Due to long waiting lists Priscilla Kerr took the chance to expand her business when she got moved to the new Building and she now has two treatments rooms at the 7.o floor with new equipment in a calming and relaxing environment for her patients. Come and check our new office! We are not a Walking Clinic, please call us first to Schedule your appointment. During Pandemic Times make sure you bring your mask with you.